F A Q
For general admission questions to the School of Journalism and Communication, please refer to details here.
1. Will the classes be taught in English, Putonghua, or Cantonese?
Most required courses and elective courses are taught in English. Students may also choose other elective courses taught in Cantonese or Putonghua, depending on availability.
2. Are all the courses scheduled in the evening? How about weekends?
With some exceptions, all core courses and postgraduate level elective courses of this programme are scheduled in weekday evening or Saturdays.
3. Where is the location of the classes? Would they be located near the MTR University Station?
Some of the classes are located at Chung Chi College while most of our classes are located at New Asia College, and students can arrive there by University shuttle bus directly.
4. Will all the elective courses as listed be offered in the coming academic year?
Most of the elective courses will be offered. It is however subject to changes by the School. Applicants may refer to the timetable of the current academic year for specific information.
5. Is excellence in English a requirement for admission?
Yes. All applicants should fulfill the English Language Proficiency Requirement. They must 1) possess a pass grade in English in one of the following examinations: HK Advanced Level Examination (AS Level), HK Higher Level Examination, CUHK Matriculation Examination; OR 2) have a degree from a university in Hong Kong or taken a degree programme of which the medium of instruction was English; OR 3) submit a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based), or 79 (internet-based) or a minimum IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5. *TOEFL and IELTS are considered valid for two years from the test date.